Thursday, October 6, 2011

Faces of the world

Photo: Mursi Man in Ethiopia

Mursi Man, Ethiopia

Photograph by Salvatore Gebbia, My Shot
Omo River Valley, Ethiopia


Photo: Man in Malaysia painting face after Chinese New Year

Parade Participant, Malaysia

Photograph by Philipp Aldrup, My Shot
Every year after the Chinese New Year, the Chinese communities in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, come together for a huge procession in which the deities of the five different dialects are jointly carried through the whole city. Various performances, operas, and rituals are shown over a couple of days.


Photo: Face of a boy peeks through a window

Boy in Window

Photograph by Japoi Cequina, My Shot
A window made of bamboo reflected in the eyes of the boy and created a pattern. His eyes tell a story, as our eyes are the window of our soul.


Photo: Woman at a folklor festival in Croatia

Photo: Boy inside of car in Cuba

Boy in Car, Cuba

Photograph by Serena Amaduzzi, My Shot
It was a rainy day, and I was passing by when I saw this cute little face looking at me. I stopped for a while and looked back at him. He smiled and I laughed. Suddenly I realized I was sharing something special with someone, a kid, who I'd never see again. 
Photo: A Saudi woman posing in the traditional Saudi Burqa

Saudi Woman

Photograph by Faisal Almalki, My Shot
A Saudi older woman (in this case my own mother) posing in the traditional Saudi burka. There are different types of burkas for different regions, and despite what they've come to symbolize, they are a part of tradition and not religion.
Photo: Hunter in Western Mongolia.

Mongolian Man

Photograph by Charles Meacham, My Shot
This photo was taken while we waited for our van to be fixed in western Mongolia.
Photo: Portrait of a woman in Paris

Woman

Photograph by Ali Berrada, My Shot
Paris
Photo: Young boys at a roadside hotel in Southern Ethiopia.

Children, Ethiopia

Photograph by Charles Meacham, My Shot
This picture was taken at a roadside hotel in southern Ethiopia.
Photo: Afghan child in the village of Farsi in the west Afghanistan.

Child, Afghanistan

Photograph by Valentina Bosio, My Shot
Afghan child in the village of Farsi in western Afghanistan
Photo: A devotee appeasing the God by playing drums at a Hindu Temple

Temple Drummer

Photograph by Mukul Mhaskey, My Shot
A devotee playing drums at a Hindu temple.
Photo: Woman affected by the Rwandan genocide.

Woman, Rwanda

Photograph by Amanda Siceloff, My Shot
This photo was taken as part of a series of portraits of the women affected by the Rwandan genocide. This woman lost her husband and all eight of her children. She was cut all over her body by machetes and left to die. She survived and has forgiven the men who killed her family.
Photo: Camel seller in Rajasthan, India.

Camel Seller, India

Photograph by Soumya Bandyopadhyay, My Shot
A camel seller poses for a photo at Pushkar Camel Fair 2010, held in Rajasthan, India.
Photo: Vietnam woman in red dress

Vietnamese Woman

Photograph by Long Pham Thanh, My Shot
Mrs. Trai (a Noi Due villager) posed for a portrait at the Lim Festival, Bac Ninh, Vietnam, February 26, 2010. The long red dress indicates the woman is at least 90 years old.
Photo: Childhood Venezuelan native South of Lake Maracaibo in Zulia

Young Girl, Venezuela

Photograph by Ana Viloria, My Shot
Faithful representative of childhood, this Venezuelan native is from south of Lake Maracaibo in Zulia. A child who goes beyond beauty, charisma, and hope. Bobures is the town where she was born, grows, and is happy to play.
Photo: High-top farms of France

Farmers, France

Photograph by Kiritin Beyer, My Shot
The high-top farms of France are among the last outposts of a generational tension that has already played itself out in most other Western communities: a tension between the hardscrabble farming life and the siren song of industrialized urban centers. Are the fathers—the farmers—merely dinosaurs, anachronistic vestiges clinging naively to the ways of times long gone? Or are they our potential boon-bringers, reminders of all that the new generations have forgotten but ought to revive?
Photo: Man with face paint in northern Manitoba.

Painted Face, Canada

Photograph by Jack Moslehi, My Shot
I met this gentleman at a pow wow in northern Manitoba. He told me his paint and outfit came to him in a dream.
Photo: Tajik shopkeeper, Tashkurgan,xinjiang province, China

Shopkeeper, China

Photograph by Daniel Alecks, My Shot
Tajik shopkeeper, Tashkurgan, Xinjiang Province, China
Photo: Portrait of a man in the town of Trinidad, Cuba.

Man, Cuba

Photograph by Elektra Carras, My Shot
This photo was taken in the streets of the town of Trinidad, Cuba, in January 2011. I noticed this man's eyes from a street away and his look gave me chills. I spoke to him and he simply nodded and indicated that he would let me take his photo. Most likely a "campesino" (farmer), he was calmly observing the busy street activities taking place in front of him. His aura was peaceful; I feel as if I captured his warm and balanced energy.
Photo: Young Afgan boy outside of Kunduz Province, Afghanistan.=

Young Boy, Afghanistan

Photograph by Joshua Treadwell, My Shot
Outside Kunduz Province, Afghanistan. The anguish on this young Afghan face is not from the desperation of extreme poverty; it is instead a face of jealousy, given that his older brother (not pictured) just took away his soccer ball.
Photo: Two children in the Ziz Valley, between Rich and Merzouga.

Children, Morocco

Photograph by Francesca Vernia, My Shot
Morocco is made up very disparate regions and desert villages. I took this shot in Ziz Valley, between Rich and Merzouga.
Photo: A young cowboy waits on a fence in Saco, Montana.

Young Cowboy, Montana

Photograph by Anders Andersson, My Shot
Beau Sudbrack of Saco, Montana, waits by the fence while waiting for his dad, Dale, to saddle his horse. Both Beau and his sister Jada have their own horses, but Beau still has a lot to learn when it comes to horsemanship. Nevertheless, he loves riding his horse.
Photo: Photo of a boy getting a haircut

Young Boy, Benin

Photograph by Marziac Benjamin, My Shot
Portrait of a boy getting his hair cut
Photo: Portrait of H'mong woman in Sapa, Lao Cai province, Vietnam

Vietnamese Woman

Photograph by Marco Manieri, My Shot
A close portrait of a H'mong woman in Sapa, Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
Photo: Young cowboy in India

Young Boy

Photograph by Nilesh Bhange, My Shot
He is a cowboy, and I found a unique expression in his eyes.
lihat lagi di sini..
asampedaz: SubhanaAllah... Kau Maha Kreatif, Maha Pencipta Dan Segala2Nya! 

No comments:


Satu lagi kes di Johor Baru, empat sah koronavirus di Malaysia

Satu keluarga memakai penutup muka ketika tiba di Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur (KLIA), 24 Januari 2020. ― Foto Bernama K...